Wednesday, 22 May 2013

Google It


Isn't it just typical that the moment you want to find out something there is no Internet.  In a time that being connected to the World Wide Web is just a click away, there is a cloud of frustration slowing suffocating us when the ease of modern day life is no more.

Okay, so I might be slightly exaggerating our need to be online constantly, but I often come up with the most random questions and ideas on the rare occasion that the Internet is out of reach.  For example, I was on the train to visit my boyfriend and his family this week after my exam (which went well) and an odd, yet relevant thought came to mind. How do you pass an exam with flying colours? And more importantly Where can you buy flying colours to pass your exams with?




This isn't the first time I have had no signal on my phone with the cloak of curiosity sat on my shoulders. On the notes of my iPhone, I have a list. This is not just any list. Not a shopping list, a wish list or a to-do list. This is a Find Out list. Being the curious cat that I apparently am (I'm more of a dog-lover if you were wondering) I have this list for the numerous moments that I come up with bizarre questions that cannot be answered at that given time. You might say, “why not ask a friend?” Firstly that didn't always help on Who Wants to be a Millionaire and secondly a lot of the time, they are really stupid questions. My boyfriend has had the fortune to see the Find Out list and I'm quite sure his opinion of me has dropped so dramatically it wanted to use my cloak of curiosity for its final act.

This is why the phrase Google it was invented. Google won’t judge us! Well it is does, it’s very discreet and laughs a lot quieter than my boyfriend does. With so much information at the tip of our fingers, it is possible to get ridiculous questions answered once and for all! Unfortunately flying colours don’t exist. It is just a saying to do with ships' flags (…gutted). Lets not end this post on a down note. Instead lets leave it with my Find Out note! I hope my thoughts provoke your cat like curiosity and your list is just as random.


Please let me know if anyone else has a Find Out list – I would love to hear the questions that pop into your mind! 

1 comment:

alex said...

I don't have a find out list haha, most of the time I find out everything on the spot (before I forget about it!). Anyway, these are pretty great ha. I've wondered some of these myself.