Sunday, 26 May 2013

Summer's Coming

With exams coming to an end this week (for me at least, apologies if you’re still suffering), I want to take this opportunity to write about the Top 5 things I want to do this summer! Some of these things are already planned and definitely happening whereas others are targets I want to achieve. I could easily spend the next 3 months doing next to nothing but when someone asks, How was your summer? I would love to say it was a memorable one! Think of this as ‘Half-way through the year’s resolutions’.

  1. Going on Holiday with my boyfriend. This is all planned and soon to be all packed (once I've finished the big holiday shop!). In the middle of June, we are off on an all-inclusive holiday to Fuerteventura for a fortnight. Excitement is an understatement because I am certain this will be the highlight of my summer 2013! Do you think the lead up to the holiday is just as good as the actual time in the sun or is it just me? I love shopping for holidays – from bikinis to sun-tan lotion; I am extremely organised when it comes to this fine art. 
  2. Take lots of photos. This is inspired by my previous point. I have the memory of a sieve at the best of times so for me, photos help reassemble the precious moments in my mind. I need to buy a new camera because I have been relying on my iPhone for the past year. Before I drunkenly broke my last camera (twice), I used to take so many and still enjoy looking photos of me and my house mates on nights out (if we manage to make it out!). Owning a camera will hopefully entice me to go on more adventures! That’s the plan anyway…
    Hungry Hippo Birthday Cake made by Alice
  3. Go to a theme park. Speaking of adventures, I have not been to a theme park in years. Before I turn 21 in October and become a ‘real adult’, I want to be able to account for the last time I went to a theme park as a young’un.  I've never been scared of those mechanical menaces but time has gone past and I'm quite anxious to see how I react to them. They have gotten bigger, faster and twistier… Oh dear, what am I letting myself in for?
  4. Pursue a hobby in sewing. Over Easter I got together for a close friend to discuss ideas of starting our own little business. We all have that one friend, who is the creative one, don’t we? Well this is Alice. She cooks delicious meals and bakes such delicate and artistic cakes, can paint like no one else I know and has a knack for sewing. As for me, I have a B in GSCE textiles and in art but that’s as far as my achievements go. Together, we plan on making a variety of homely decoratives such as cushions and doorstops. This little creative adventure is all about having fun and getting back into sewing, if we earn a bit of pocket money it would be a small bonus!
    Winter Wedding Creation made by Alice
  5. Blogging. My final aim is to publish a post at least once a week (apart from when I’m on holiday) and get more involved in the blogging community. So far I have found many interesting blogs that I now follow and look forward to reading. A list of my favourite blogs called Ones to Read is situated to the right of my posts. I think of blogging as a new hobby/passion and want to nurture this one! I plan on going out and doing all sorts of random things to inspire me to write more interesting things.

Hopefully we will have a very sunny summer (we deserve it!) and I hope you enjoy it! Whether you want to relax in the sun doing nothing, go travelling or have to work I hope you get a chance to do whatever you want to do. I would love to hear if you have a list of things to do this summer. 

2 comments:

Jess said...

Great list! I love working down a list- I hope you have a lovely holiday! :) xx

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thank you, I hope you have a great summer! xx