Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Why did I start blogging?

I am currently in sunny Fuerteventura probably on a sun-lounger reading a book that I may end up recommending to everyone. Sorry if you’re currently at work, in the rain or wishing you were on holiday, I didn't mean to rub it in!  This was written just before leaving good ol’ England and I scheduled it to post (the magic of blogger) while I was away listening to the relaxing sounds of the ocean. Wow, I am technically speaking to you from the past… Now, where is my TARDIS? 

Way back in the summer of 2011

A couple of friends and relatives have asked me, Why did you start blogging? It was a good question but has a few different answers so I thought I’d try sum it up right now (a week ago, but you know…).  There have been a few occasions over the years where I looked into starting a blog. I was never 100% what I would write about, if I would stick with it or how much I wanted to do it. Looking back, I'm pleased I didn't start any earlier. I am now 20, aware of who I am and what I want. I have always had too much to say so this was a natural progression for me. Blogging was always meant to be the way for me to vent out my thoughts and opinions (no matter how ridiculous) without bugging my friends or my boyfriend pulling the ‘are you being serious’ face.

I knew it was time to start blogging. It was coming to the end of exams and the many days of hard work that I had put in made me think: I like setting myself goals and achieving them. I've always been one to have lists coming out of my ears; I just love being organised (evidently shown through my scheduled posts). By starting during the summer months, I have time to find my feet in the blogging world, spend time getting to know fellow bloggers and enjoy this new hobby. I'm pleased I can share my nonsense on the World Wide Web; hopefully there are others out there that are just as mental so we can relate to each other. The text/photo ratio is all wrong here so here are some photos from this year at Uni:

Issy gave me a makeover/Me, SarahBackpack & Issy/ Tom- my gorgeous boyfriend

I love this whole new world I've found. I feel like an explorer (of the Internet variety), who has come up trumps! I have already had the pleasure of hearing others stories, learning about other places, people, foods, fashion and all sorts. It’s been such a rewarding way to spend my free time. Now that I have this new found passion, my love for writing can continue and those special memories will never be forgotten.

I hope you are having a lovely week! I will write again at the end of June, hopefully all tanned and relaxed. 

2 comments:

Kayspray said...

Nice post :)

GFC is going soon so if you could follow me on bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7085989/carro that would be great so we can continue reading each others' posts :)



Carro
X

Kayspray said...

Thanks Carro - Shall do! xx