Sunday, 21 July 2013

Food for Thought

Another food post already? I guess you can tell what's been occupying my mind the past few days... I love food and I'm not one to shy away from trying new things. HOWEVER - The other day on Twitter Charlotte from Colours and Carousels mentioned this:

I shouldn't have been so confused by this concept. I've seen cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks at buffets. I like pineapple on pizzas but I've never even thought of having them in a sandwich or toastie. This is now on my list of things to try.

I'll be honest with you lovely readers, I don't actually have a list *gasp*. So I thought I'd take this opportunity to start one. As the saying goes: no time like the present! So I asked the Twitter World, What weird food combinations would you recommend? Here are four of the replies I received:


I wanted to try some weird food combinations. Then I can mark them off my newly made list and continue exploring the foodosphere. The one that I knew I could easy create was recommended by Cassie Searle. There was golden syrup in the cupboard from the previous pancake post and there are also chips in the freezer so yesterday I decided to make this strange concoction!



I shouldn't have made these straight after lunch. I was already full to the brim which is probably why I didn't enjoy them as much as I could of. If you want a hot, sweet snack, then this is worth trying. The almost fritter like taste was impressive considering the lack of effort it took to make but taste was a bit too weird for me.

Please get in touch with your weird food combinations and follow me on Twitter for the chance to feature in another one of my random posts!



No comments: