Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Have You Heard... Daughter

Welcome to a new series on my blog. I am a big fan of music. Which music ? I hate that question. It’s probably one of the hardest ‘about me’ questions I've ever faced. My range of musical loves goes from ABBA (my guilty pleasure) to a bit of Enter Shikari (they grew on me thanks for my housemates) and everything in between. I am by no means at expert in the field of musique so if you have any recommendations or knowledge you wish to share then please get in touch and you can become part of this series.

For my first ever Have You Heard I would like to talk about a band I fairly recently came across. I heard Daughter’s song Youth on Radio 1 and from that decided to ‘spotify stalk’ them. While experimenting with hairstyles, I basically listened to their whole repertoire (Multi-Tasking Pro!). The calming tunes are hauntingly beautiful and the lyrics are seriously poetic. I have a lot of time for music that makes you feel something. 

Still with feet touching
Still with eyes meeting
Still our hands match
Still with hearts beating
(Still, Daughter)


Daughter's Factfile
Info – Daughter is made up of three members – Elena the singer, Igor the guitarist and Remi the drummer. This Indie Folk band got together in London in 2010 and their first album was released in March this year.
If you like: Fleet Foxes, The XX and Bombay Bicycle Club then you'll probably enjoy Daughter
Listen to: Their whole album is brilliant but Still, Youth & Human are my favourites. One of their first songs, Landfill has really sad lyrics but paints such a musical picture. 



Let me know what you think? Have You Heard Daughter before? Any suggestions for future music posts? 


4 comments:

Chloe said...

Daughter are so good aren't they! Listen to their cover of Get Lucky!
Chloe xxxx


www.underestimatethegirl.blogspot.co.uk

Amy said...

I absolutely love Daughter and it's rare that I find a blogger who even knows who they are! Still is definitely one of my most played songs on my iPod!

xo Amy | British Prep

Kayleigh Parker said...

Just listened to it - I love their music and they did that song justice. Thanks for visiting x

Kayleigh Parker said...

They are awesome. So pleased I found them! Thanks for reading Amy :) xx