Friday, 19 July 2013

Making Banana {and Strawberry} Pancakes

It can’t just be me who loves listening to Jack Johnson. The relaxed summer vibes are flowing from spotify right now as I’m sunbathing in the garden and chaos of the past few days! What chaos? You might be asking and that’s a very good question. The parents have gone to my older brother’s graduation so Wednesday and Thursday, I was in charge of my 8 year old Brother (James) and Ralph and Alvin. Chaos might be a bit of an exaggeration. I got in a bit of a frenzy trying to control Ralph on our dog walk after taking James to school. He wouldn’t listen to me! I know he is only a puppy but I’m pretty sure I could have left him with anyone else with a dog and he’d never come back. James also doesn’t like seeing me as an authority figure. He made up late for school by taking 10 minutes to clean his teeth (most of them were spent not brushing his teeth)… SO FRUSTRATING. Other than that, things ran quite smoothly.



So, Where do the pancakes come into this? Being the Domestic Goddess/ best Sister in the world, I made James and I pancakes for breakfast yesterday. I got up super early and made the best breakfast ever (according to James). In our recently done kitchen we only have one massive frying pan and as I didn’t fancy massive pancakes, the medium sized ones I made were very weirdly shaped. Anyway, James was impressed and ate 4 of them with sugar and lemon. I, on the other hand, fancied some fruit so go on mine.



With summer being my inspiration, I cut up a banana and a few strawberries and drizzled Golden Syrup over them. It might not have been as healthy as it could have been but they were so delicious! Sadly this won’t be a regular occurrence but we will probably enjoy it more as a one off treat. What’s your ‘best ever’ breakfast?    


10 comments:

Kayspray said...

Wow! These look absolutely delicious :D I might skip the banana's but the strawberries sound perfect xx

Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

Kayspray said...

Thanks Gemma! I must say the strawberries made this awesome! Next time I'm going to try peaches and raspberries (maybe with icecream!) x

Kayspray said...

I LOVE banana and strawberry pancakes...and used to cook them right into the pancakes...but hubby hates that and son is picky. So now I mix the fruit into the syrup...sighs... Happy Saturday Sharefest

Kayspray said...

Thanks for visiting - I keep telling myself how healthy the pancakes are with the fruit (even if covered in syrup) :P xx

Kayspray said...

I love, love, love Jack Johnson! I've never tried either of these, I'll have to add it to my list of things to try! Visiting from the SITS Sharefest, happy Saturday! :)

Kayspray said...

His music makes me feel so summery! Thanks for visiting! xx

Kayspray said...

These sound fantastic! I'm down for giving the husband and kids "the best breakfast ever" so I'm trying these tomorrow :)


New friend visiting from SITS :)

Kayspray said...

These look so good!
Can't wait to try it!!
Pinning this..definitely!

Kayspray said...

Hope they enjoy them! Thanks for visiting xx

Kayspray said...

Fortunately they taste just as good as they look! x