Wednesday, 10 July 2013

Oasis Park

So this is it. My last holiday post *sniff sniff* and I am going to show and tell you all about my favourite day of the holiday and possibly my favourite day ever (so far). Oasis Park in Fuerteventura had so much to show us. From apes to zebras, flamingos to meerkats, we look so many photos of all the lovely creatures. We got to hold a baby crocodile, feed the lemurs, pet the giraffes and watch a parrot own at basketball! I even got a kiss off a sea lion (they aren't like lions, more like seals who are really well trained). 


Tom's favourite by far was the meerkats. They would make such wonderful pets, their inquisitive smiling faces melted our hearts! The lemurs were also adorable. Their gentle grip on our hands as we fed them banana and grapes was sooo cute. It was great to get up close to these wild animals - as far as zoos go, this one felt like the animals had plenty of room and food. I couldn't get over how big giraffes are - even the young ones were insanely tall. We were standing on a platform so they might not seem as gigantic.


I've always been a bit of an animal lover but this day out made me realise how fascinating I find all creatures great and small. So here are the last three photos of my holiday that I want to share with you. If you're ever thinking of going to Fuerteventura please feel free to contact me for advice or to share your experiences. x






No comments: