Friday, 9 August 2013

Have You Heard... To Kill A King

For my latest Have You Heard post I would like to introduce to you a band I've been fond of for a while. The first time I heard them was on X fm when sitting in a late night traffic jam. "And that was To Kill A King with Bloody Shirt" the radio man probably said and I took a mental note to find out a bit more about this indie-pop band. 

You're just sitting in a bar, just singing in a bar
Pride will keep you warm
Wear it like an overcoat so safe from harm
(Wolves, To Kill A King)


To Kill A King's Factfile
Info: There are four members of this London-based band, whose first single was released in May 2011. Since then, they have worked with Bastille on a song called Choices and written an EP called Word of Mouth.
If you like: Bastille or The 1975, then you'll enjoy the indie sounds of To Kill A King
Listen to: Funeral and Cold Skin - their most recent and my favourite songs. 

Something that I'm not too sure about are their music videos. I'm pretty sure they are those kind of videos with deep messages but what I've witnessed is a young boy with a bloody nose wrestling this massive guy and a dad stealing his dead son from a coffin to take him out exploring in a wheelchair. Their videos are interesting to say the least.  This music is the type you'd want to listen to while relaxing (no dance anthems over here) and I enjoy them most while doing work as their soft sounds calm me. 



Their debut album Cannibals with Cutlery isn't out till October but check these cool dude out on youtube and let me know what you think? If you have any musical sugguestions for me, I'd love to hear from you! 


No comments: