Thursday, 22 August 2013

Superdrug Haul

Although I am on a spending ban, I was out shopping and couldn't help but go to Superdrug and look in awe at all the lovely make up. While there many bits and bobs caught my eye but some bobs (or bits) drew me in with their prices and my sudden need for such items... I mean it would be a crime not to buy such bargains. 

I wanted to take some selfies to show the make-up on my face but this hideous spot has decided to form on the bottom edge of my lip and ruin this perfect moment for all of us. Boo you spots and your ability to ruin a potential decent beauty post. With that in mind, I still wanted give you lovely lot a good read. 



Maybelline Baby Lips: The hype all over the blog-osphere about this product is unreal. I don't own many lip based products. My cherry chapstick (promoted by Katy Perry) and tin of Vaseline are my essentials. Baby Lips, hydrate and colour my lips in a way I didn't think was possible with a lipstick. 
£2.99

MUA Mosaic Bronzer: I wanted a new bronzer as I wanted to keep a summer glow that is hidden under make-up on a night out. I don't want to look like a ghost until Halloween so this bronzer is a much welcomed item to my make-up box. The mosaic bronzer helps achieve a natural sun-kissed look while only using a small amount. I think there is a skill to not overdoing bronzer so I'm going to spend a bit of time practising - I don't want it to be too easy for people to guess I'm from Essex. 
£2.50

MUA Blusher: A pound for a blusher... say what? I wanted to get into contouring more and a smudge of this across my cheeks will help with that. I chose Candyfloss mainly because of the name but also because of the colour. It's not too bright and has a nice shimmer to it. Due to my spending ban I can't buy the make-up brushes I've been after for months. The Real Techniques brushes (as I'm sure you've heard) are the ones to use. They are very nicely priced for their quality so I hope to get hold of the Blush Brush, Face Expert and some of the others ASAP. 
£1


Have you used any of these products or been on a bargain hunt recently? 

2 comments:

Tanja said...

This is off topic but.. have you tried any ELF products (eyeslipsface.co.uk)? They have a lot of reeeeally cheap make up and they often offer crazy discounts (like, 50%). I have a couple of their lipsticks and I love them :) And their kabuki brush is awesome, I use it every day. :)

Kayleigh Parker said...

Ooh I don't think I've heard of that company before -shall definitely check it out! I love a good deal :P Thanks for the advice Tanja (hope your cat is well!) xx