Monday, 5 August 2013

The Inspirational Tag

Last week The Emerald Dove started a tag called The Inspirational Tag. As I've had a sad day or two recently, I thought it would be a perfect thing to put things into perspective! So here are my answers to The Inspirational Tag:

What is your favourite quotation?


What would you say to someone who feels inadequate?
We are all little fish in a big pond so don't feel so alone (or small). Chances are many people around you feel the same! Just think about all the people that care about you and remember it's your area of the pond that matters. 
What do you wish someone had told you before?
It's great to be yourself. You may not be confident now but you will grow into your skin and become who you always wanted to be!
What is your advice for anyone who is being bullied?
This is a subject I am very passionate about. No one should be made to feel sad, alone or insecure. My advice is that you aren't alone. There are people to talk to and help you deal with these dreadful situations. Whether it be a parent, teacher, friend or a stranger from Childline - people want to help you and this is the best way to start the road to a happier, safer life. 
What is your mantra in life?
Treat others the way you want to be treated.  This is a bit of a biblical reference and I think it speaks volumes about how I try to live my life. When reflecting on past decisions, I can see when I was wrong or right. I guess this is similar to my post about politeness. I'll be polite to strangers and I would like that back in return.
What gets you down or do you find difficult and what would you say to anyone in a similar position?
I get upset over the smaller things and I hate not being in control. Fortunately I have a big group of friends who manage to calm me down and makes me realise how silly I am to almost literally cry over spilt milk. My advice to anyone similar to me is in two steps. Firstly, attempt to think about how life must be pretty good if this is all you're upset over. Secondly, watch a film (preferably comedy) to take your mind off it. Doing something else will stop you stressing over the small things and put your head back in place.
Which historical figure do you identify most with or inspires you the most?
This was the hardest question for me because I find it hard to begin to think of people from the past. Before I say who, I think I need to justify my answer as my life is nothing like hers. Writing a blog has helped me realise who I am and the person I want to keep being. I feel a sense of freedom and relief through sharing my thoughts with the world. Anne Frank wrote a diary, not to share with the world but to put her feelings on to paper. Maybe it helped her cope with the situation she was in. My blog keeps me sane - without it my head would bubble over with thoughts. 

I really enjoyed doing this tag. Whoever is reading this and hasn't yet done this  - I tag you!! I hope you feel as inspired as I did when finishing this post 

No comments: