Thursday, 15 August 2013

Today I Love # 3


Getting my hair done - The whole experience of going to the hairdressers is one that I look forward to. The gossiping, the pampering and the silky feel of my hair when leaving - how could you not enjoy it! My lovely Nan (the best Nan in the world) treated me to getting a half head of highlights done last week. We went to a salon called Gemini in Brentwood - I 100% recommend it! I love spending time with Nan and listening to her stories brightens up my day! 

Family - This relates to my first point. Firstly I always love my family and recently they have been a great source of comfort to me and I'm so grateful and lucky to have these wonderful people in my life. While my parents and James are away this week, it's only been me and my older brother Charlie (and Ralph and Alvin) in the house. He cheered me up with Pizza Hut (with cookie dough!!). 

Oh Leona- I have much love with this blog. She has just reached over 100 bloglovin followers and this liftstyle blog is definitely one to read. Her Wednesday Loves posts are always full of photos that make me smile so check out her blog and tweet her @Leonuhhh. 

Don't Trust the B---- In Apartment 23 - Watched the whole two series in just over a week as its light humour and randomness gave me back my confidence which has been knocked a bit recently. No, I don't plan on becoming like Chloe but her wild who cares attitude has made me realise I take a lot of things way too seriously.

Being Organised - I recently bought some acrylic storage off ebay for my 'daily' make up. Before hand I had all my bits and bobs in a beauty travel bag - rummaging around for ages looking for my eye-liner was becoming a chore. I move into my new Uni house in September and want my room to be very organised and everything have its place.   


What are you loving at the moment? Send me some links to your recent purchases or all time favourites 


6 comments:

Nahid Aley said...

Hi Kayleigh! Doesn't getting your hair done just make you feel so glamorous? I'm going to The Blow Bar in London for a 30 minute wash and blow dry, and can't wait to get pampered :o)
BTW - which buyer on Ebay did you get the clear acrylic storage from? This is exactly what I need as the many makeup bags on my dressing table are starting to overflow...not a good look!


Lots of love


Nahid Aley at http://www.thethingsiloveblog.com

Kayleigh Parker said...

Have fun at the salon! There is a link on the post if you link the blue 'ebay'. If it's not working its: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/cosmetic-organiser-make-up-case-lipstick-holder-Acrylic-clear-organizer-drawer-/170997756034?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Make_up_Cosmetics_Make_up_Cases_Bags_PP&var=&hash=item27d042b082

Once I build up my make-up collection again (just threw out lots of old stuff) I might invest in another one as there isn't that much room in it for everything I want. xx

Elizabeth Than said...

That acrylic storage is the bomb! No more reasons for scattered make-up accessories. Heh.

Kayleigh Parker said...

I know right!! xx

Karla Medina said...

Love Don't trust the B and Two broke girls! Great new makeup storage.

I hope you'll have a chance and stop by my blog. All about Beauty. Life. and DIY. If you ever have an OTD, LOTD, hair or nail tutorial, or a fun fashion DIY, I'd love for you to share it at "That's my Style" Link party every Friday. Don't have anything to share? Stop by anyway for beauty tutorial and fun DIY projects. Hope to see you there. :)

Karla @ www.MySerendipitousLife.com

Kayleigh Parker said...

I've been looking for a decent fashion link-up- Thanks Karla! xx