Wednesday, 7 August 2013

Weekend in Windsor

As some of you may know, I'm not the happiest fish in the bowl right now. Instead of letting myself wallow in self-pity, my amazing family and friends have been helping stay strong and look at the good things I have rather than what's totally messed up. On that note, the weekend just went was a bit of a roller-coaster of emotions. For Sam's 20th Birthday, I travelled to Windsor to meet with most of my uni family at George's house for a weekend of catching up, drinking and hot-tubbing. 

With the Birthday Girl / Ring of Fire / TEQUILA SLAMMERS / Pre-drinks with George's Mum
My weekend started with going for a late lunch with Sam and Issy. After stuffing our faces we went to George's, got ready and let the drinking begin! After a game of Ring of Fire, lots of catching up and lots of alcohol we all jumped in some taxis and headed to Windsor.
Liquid Windsor
I haven't been on a night out in what seems like forever so I loved it in Liquid. £1 entry, drinks were decent prices (I think.. I was pretty gone!) and the music was awesome. I definitely enjoy clubbing more when I haven't been in a while and the new tunes are out. We camped out in George's living room after getting to bed about 5am. I didn't sleep much at all but felt quite awake and slightly hungover. We went for a fry-up both Saturday and Sunday morning (why not?!) and spent a lot of time in the hot tub. My hands and feet were incredibly wrinkly after a while and I slept like a sleepy bear! Speaking of bears - George's dog is adorable! A cross between a chow chow and a german shepherd named Jesse. 

Hot Tub / Spa Bar with Strawberries / Gorgeous Jesse! 


It did me the world of good to get away from home and sort things out. I wanted to show you all the great parts of the weekend and remind myself of how lucky I am. So thank you so much George for such a great weekend - I can't wait to get back to Uni in September to make more happy memories! 


4 comments:

sarah said...

great pictures, looks like you've had fun there :)

xx

On the Bright Style

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thanks Sarah! x

Nahid Aley said...

Aww it looks like you had a lovely time, friends and family are all you need when you're feeling a little down. I used to love going to Liquid when I was near by at university!


PS - well jel of whoever you know that has a hot tub :o)


Nahid Aley at www.thethingsiloveblog.com


xx

Kayleigh Parker said...

I'd love to have a hot tub in my uni house - mind you, I doubt anyone would bother cleaning it and cans floating around in it for weeks on end! Thank you for reading Nahid! xx