Saturday, 12 October 2013

Beauty Buys


I recently got a few new beauty bits and thought that this would be a perfect little post to do for the weekend. Here is a mini review of the samples, gifts and purchases I have received over the past month. 

Rimmel's Stay Matte
Rimmel's Stay Matte Foundation (ivory) *feather light mousse, matte baby soft finish* I got this little sample in Company Magazine and wanted to see how right they are. I wasn't a fan of the shade, but then again I wouldn't go for ivory. It is a light weight foundation and a small amount seemed to go a long way. My skin did feel very baby soft so I may have to go out and purchase this in the right shade!

Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Medium) - I use this concealer everyday and it's brilliant. It says 16 hours wear and I'd agree with that - not needed to top up during the day at all.

Real Techniques foundation brush - This brush is perfect for putting on concealer. I think it's a bit too small to be used as an all-over foundation brush (unless you have all the time in the world to get ready). I'm sure I don't need to praise this product too much as I've read many a good review around the blogosphere. 

Revlon Blush Brush - It's the perfect size to put blusher onto my apples of my cheeks. I love that - apples of my cheeks, adorable! This little, inexpensive brush is lovely and does exactly what I need it to!


1. Barry M's Red Wine nail paint - This shade is new out this A/W. The warm tone of this polish screams AUTUMN to me. It's very easy to apply and once again Barry M has done me proud. 
2. Company's Lana -  I really like this duck egg/ minty colour but didn't like the brush or texture of the polish. It would take a few coats to get an even finish.
3. Company's Rita - I can't say no to a pinky/berry shade and since this came with my Company Magazine it would be rude not to add it to my little collection. The problems are the same as for 'Lana' but being free and lovely colours, I can't really complain!

Maybelline The Rocket Mascara - I only bought this the other day and am very happy with it. It gives my lashes volume, didn't run when I got rained on and didn't flake. I'm still getting used to the brush but it's pretty easy to put on. 

Please let me know what you think. Do you have any of these products? Send over your links to any recent beauty reviews. 

1 comment:

Kayleigh Parker said...

If it's on offer I'll find it hard to say no :) xx