Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Have You Heard... My Top 3 Albums

It's time for another Have You Heard post and boy has my musical radar been busy. There are 3 very awesome albums out at the moment that I wanted to declare my love for. Yes, there are more than 3 decent ones out at the moment but for you, I have chosen my top 3. No need to thank me just yet - check these tunes out and let me know what you think! 

One Republic - Native

Back in the day, you might have known One Republic for hits such as Stop And Stare & Apologize. Travel 5 years forward and you'll end up in 2013 listening to their third and latest album - and what an album it is! 
Favourite Songs: Counting StarsIf I Lose MyselfWhat You Wanted & I Lived

Lately I've been, I've been losing sleep, 
Dreaming about the things that we could be (Counting Stars)




Arctic Monkeys - AM

I've rekindled my love for Arctic Monkeys recently. I was a big fan in their brianstorm, florescent adolescent era and they kind of fell off my musical radar. I'm happy to say how much I rate this album - So many tunes that are undoubtedly the monkeys. 
Favourite Songs: Do I Wanna Know?Arabella I Wanna Be Yours

I go crazy 'cause here is where I wanna be, 
and satisfaction feels like a distant memory (R U Mine?)



Birdy - Fire Within 

Such a beautiful voice! This is her second album and for me, she is only getting better. I'm struggling to only pick a few songs to be my favourite. I've had the whole album on loop while doing uni work and not wanted to skip a single one!  I love the music video for Wings - wish I was invited to that garden party. 
Favourite Songs: Strange Birds, All About You, Standing in the Way of the Light & Home 

Keep my eyes shut, safe in distrust, 
You're all that I need, my senses (Light me up)



I would love to hear what you think of these albums! What albums are under your radar at the moment, stuck in your head, or on your spotify playlist? 

No comments: