Wednesday, 6 November 2013

Have You Heard... London Grammar

It's about time for another Have You Heard post, don't you think? With deadlines and birthdays taking up much of my time recently, I haven't spent much time searching for new music to admire. Fortunately there is one band that I've wanted to look more into for a while and this seems like the perfect opportunity...


I think I first heard of London Grammar on Radio 1 or maybe even TV and the leader singer, Hannah Reid's voice got me instantly. I had to find out more about this awesome band. They have a very powerful but relaxing sound - the sort of music you actually want to listen and not just background music. 

And so, you build a life on trust
Though it starts, with love and lust
And when your house, begins to rush
Oh it's just, metal and dust
(Metal & Dust, London Grammar)

London Grammar Factfile
Info: Originating in Nottingham, this trip hop trio began at university playing some low-key gigs. Their debut album,  If You Wait was released in September this year. They currently have just under 38,500 followers on twitter and their song Strong has over 2.3 million views on YouTube. 
If you like: Florence and the Machine (vocally), The XX and James Blake you'll love London Grammar
Listen to: Wasting my younger years, Strong and Metal & Dust are just a few of my favourites



What do you think of London Grammar? If you have any music reviews and if you have any suggestions for next times' Have You Heard please comment below! 

2 comments:

Rebecca Armstrong said...

I LOVE this band - can't get over how amazing her voice is!


http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com


xxx

Kayleigh Parker said...

it's so amazing! Thanks for reading Rebecca :) xx