Thursday, 14 November 2013

MUA Undressed Palette

Superdrug £4

Just over a month ago I purchased the muchly hyped MUA Undressed Palette. After getting a chance to use most of the colours, I thought it was about time I spoke out about this little cheap treasure. The main reason for buying this palette is because I don't own many eye shadows and the hype around the blogosphere had to be tested. For £4, I'd be crazy not to give it a go!

The Undressed Palette has been compared to Urban Decay's Naked Palette more than Tesco's own Cookies are compared to Maryland's - with very similar results. The cheaper version is able to hold its own in the big beauty debate with MUA giving us an amazing palette. I cannot really comment on the Naked palette because I don't own it. Considering it is 10 times to amount of MUA's version I'll just give it a miss. I'm assuming it is called Undressed because of neutral shades used. There are 3 matte and 9 shimmer shades. I wish I took photos before I started using them but I guess it's good for you to see what I've been using the most! 



The shades aren't named so I've numbered them to make my little review easier to understand. This palette is perfect for a night out. For a quick night out look I would use 4 as a base, 9 in the crease and 1 just below my brows. For a real smoky eye I use 7, 2 and 11. Most people would probably be against shimmer during the day but I personally can't get enough sparkliness in my life. For a natural day look, I use 3 for my base and 4 or 9 in the crease. I'm going to get their Matte palette soon enough because day-time shimmer is definitely more of a Christmas look. 

I love using this palette and although I have little to compare it to, I think the quality is amazing for £4. It stays on all day (and nights out) and I've had no problems with it at all. It's seriously useful to have loads of lovely shades in one place rather than individual ones taking up space that I don't have. Even if (like me) you don't wear eye shadows very often, I reckon it's worth having a palette like this lying around for those days/nights you want your eyes to sparkle a little more!

What do you think of this beauty treasure? Do you own it or have any other palettes to recommend? 


4 comments:

lianne said...

As a big fan of the Naked palettes, I prob should give this a go to see how it works up against Urban Decay. I love their play on words - from Naked to 'Undressed' ha, very clever!! ;)

Lianne | TheBrunetteSays...

[Are you interested in Skincare? Fancy getting involved in a new blogger project? Read more here - #TheSkinProject]

Kayleigh Parker said...

It's so cheeky of MUA to call it that haha! Thanks for reading Lianne :) xx

Hannah rosalie said...

eeek I havnt got this pallet but do have heaven and earth!
I think the colours are gorgeous and you have put together some gorgeous eye makeup!
Ill purchase this tomorrow and cant wait to try your eye looks!

http://www.bloglovin.com/deathbycoco

Kayleigh Parker said...

Let me know how it goes! Hope you like it as much as I do :) xx