Friday, 27 December 2013

A lovely Christmas

Christmas is coming to an end and what a time is has been! Firstly I want to thank you for all your good wishes on Twitter, secondly I hope you had a great time over the holidays and finally this is my final Christmas post of the year -much to the relief of most of you, I'm sure! 

I want to share a few of my festive highlights with you from the past few days. It's not often that my family all sit around together playing games, talking and laughing. Being back from uni for the holidays means I want to spend as much time with them as possible. This post is a way to keep those lovely memories with me. 
  • I spent a very merry day with my parents at my dad's Christmas work party. Turns out drinking 11 hours doesn't always result in a hangover - result!!
  • Christmas Eve, Charlie and I made a lovely gingerbread house. As pretty as it looked, we didn't leave it long before gobbling it up.
  • We played a few games on Christmas Day. James got a Doctor Who DVD/ board game and since we all love this sci-fi adventure program, it was lots of fun to play and somehow Mum won.
  • I got lots of lovely presents and know fully well how spoilt I am and never take that for granted. The best part of the presents was seeing the reactions of my loved ones when they opened gifts I bought them. Somehow I managed to do pretty damn well despite the stress I give myself over it. 
  • One of my favourite things about this time of year is overindulging on food. Oh so much food!! My Mum cooks a brilliant roast but there is always way too much food. 



For me the fun isn't ending any time soon! That gorgeous boyfriend of mine is coming over from Somerset today to spend time with me and the family, Nan is having a big family party tomorrow and I can't wait to see lots of my relatives. I have a lovely new years planned in Somerset, a spa day treat with mum on the 2nd and my aunt's birthday party on the 4th. And no the fun doesn't end there before I'm heading back to uni afterwards for many more wonderful times.  

How was your Christmas this year? Are you still busy as a bee over the next week or so? Enjoy whatever your plans are and please send over links with your comments below <3 

No comments: