Friday, 13 December 2013

Christmas Time at Uni


This post is dedicated to my last week at uni before heading home for Christmas! Today was my last day of lessons and I'm travelling back to Essex on Sunday. Before you ask, yes the photo of the tree above is from Nandos #winnerwinnerchickendinner. Because of those pesky deadlines, I haven't had much of a chance to go present shopping or get in the festive spirit. When the essays were handed in, me and a few uni friends took the opportunity to cuddle up on the sofas and watch the best Christmas films of all time: Elf and Love Actually. If you disagree with the comment please get in touch to let me know what your favourite festive film is, would love to watch a few more over the weekend.
Christmas at the Student Union
Last weekend after lots getting lots of uni work done, I went over to the union bar with two of the girls for dinner and a cheeky snakebite or two (snakebite is half beer, half cider with a dash of blackcurrant). I love the cute polar bears that are all dressed up - so obviously I had to take a photo to share it with you lot. 

German Christmas Market 
I haven't been able to get very much Christmas shopping done but I did choose some awesome wrapping paper from Card Factory. I think it looks pretty good quality considering three rolls cost me £1.99. I'll hopefully crack on with the rest of the presents when I'm in Essex next week. 

How have you been getting in the Christmas spirit the past few weeks? Please send over your lovely photos and blogs to me to have a look at.

9 comments:

Kristen said...

I love Christmas Vacation..it's my favorite. And my kids love Santa Buddies!

Rachel G said...

I love watching Chrstmas movies--I'm trying to watch just about one per day right now! :P Or at least put an old favorite on in the background while I'm working on something. Many of them are very silly, but they're classics and they do make me smile!

trininista said...

I can so relate to this post, having been a uni student in the UK one holiday season. Yours looks a whole lot cheerier though. Visiting from SITS Sharefest

Kayleigh Parker said...

It really is the best time of year! Thanks for visiting x

Kayleigh Parker said...

There is something so cheerful about festive films. I often watch one when I'm wrapping up presents too :) xx

Kayleigh Parker said...

Where abouts were you staying? Happy Holidays xx

Awesomely Over-Zealous said...

Elf is like the BEST holiday movie, always makes me laugh and puts me in an instantly better mood! Have a safe trip home and happy Holidays! :)

Kayleigh Parker said...

Haha yes it is the best film! Thank you very much - Merry Christmas to you too! xx

Kayleigh Parker said...

I really recommend watching it all when you've got the time to! Let me know what you think of it if you get a chance :) xx