Tuesday, 17 December 2013

Home for Christmas

 On Sunday I travelled back to Essex for the Christmas Holidays. It's always a weird feeling going back. It's like Life on Mars where you're facing two whole different realities - Home and University. Within moments of getting home it feels exactly like I've never left. And now I'm here, it really feels like Christmas...


I love the way my house is decorated over the holidays. The red, gold and white theme goes so well with the interior of the house. I reckon the tree could be up all year round and look like it belongs there (so it could be Christmas every day?). 

There a several things I love about being at my parents house. There is food around waiting to be eaten, a fireplace in the living room to snuggle up by and the friendliest cuddliest doggy ever! Ralph was seriously excited to have me home. I was worried he wouldn't remember me considering it's been 3 months since I was last home - there was no need to worry. He has barely left my side over the past few days and the big lump will sit on me at any occasion possible! 

Cuddles with Ralph, Dog walk & Village Christmas Tree
Are you back with your parents for the holidays? What do you have planned for your time off work/school/normal routine? Don't forget to leave your lovely links with your comments! 

6 comments:

Anna Nuttall said...

I never had the problem when i was at uni as i was right near my parents anyway. My parents told me they don't want me to christmas (charming), so much for the season off goodwill.

http://www.annanuttall.com/

Kayleigh Parker said...

Oh Anna - what are your plans instead? Hope you enjoy the holidays xx

Anna Nuttall said...

I'm going to go my husband parent house which still should be fun. xx

DemiMist said...

Very nice decoration!

I still don't know what I'm going to do, I guess something with the family.

http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

Kayleigh Parker said...

Sounds lovely, I'm spending new years with my other half's parents this year :) xx

Kayleigh Parker said...

Whatever you end up doing, I hope you enjoy yourself :) xx