Thursday, 5 December 2013

Real Techniques - Sam's Picks

Yes it is almost Christmas and yes, if you follow me on Twitter, this is one of the many "treats" I've bought myself recently. I have been a fan of Real Techniques brushes for quite a while now - apparently I've even mentioned them in a sleepy talk with the boyfriend. As soon as I saw this collection of brushes, I knew I had to have them. I bought them here for £29.99 and waited patiently for their arrival. To say I was excited would be an understatement. 


The idea of the collection is that you can create a whole look only needing these brushes. It's perfect for a beginner or anyone that loves useful brushes! Since buying them I've used them lots so thought it was about time I did a bit of a review on them. All of these brushes have multiple uses but I'm going to explain how I use them in the order that they are on these photos. 



Multi-Task Brush - I use this for blusher and bronzer and absolutely love it. If you've ever used a Real Techniques Brush before you'll know how soft they are! It is the perfect shape to put blusher onto the apples of my cheek and creates such a natural look.
Setting Brush - I use this brush most days when I'm feeling a bit shiny. It's useful for putting powder foundation in specific areas that are most likely to get shiny (recommend: Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder).
Buffing Brush - This is my favourite of all the brushes I own. I use it everyday for liquid foundation and/or concealer for a flawless finish. I can't rate this product enough! It's an incredible versatile brush, much like the others. It's also great for powders or mineral foundations.
Pointed Foundation Brush - This handy brush helps get concealer to all the harder places to cover. I use it under my eyes after applying eye shadows to hide any excess colours. (recommend: Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer)
Essential Crease Brush - It is exclusive to this collection. I've found it really useful to blend in eye shadows and create perfect smoky eyes. It fits perfectly into the crease of my eye.
Fine Liner Brush - This is the least useful brush for me. I haven't used it yet but am tempted to buy elf's Cream Eyeliner and do a cheeky review on this brush and the eyeliner in the new year!

Do you own this collection or any of the Real Techniques Brushes? Send over your lovely links and let me know what you think of my blog and this post! <3


No comments: