Wednesday, 1 January 2014

2014

Another year has come to an end but never fear - another one is now beginning. Instead of dwelling on how fast the past year went, I want to focus on how I am going to make the most of 2014. 

I celebrated the new year a bit differently to the drunken party antics I've traditionally been apart of the past few years. I've been down in Somerset for a few days with Tom and his parents. Tom and I wanted to do something a bit low key this year so decided to have a perfect cosy night in. We were snuggled up under tons of blankets, sipping on hot chocolate and nibbling some treats whilst watching a film or two. It was lovely not to wake up hungover in the new year. 



New Year Resolutions 

Will I get used to writing 2014? Eventually but for now this transfer of dates seems insane - besides the world was meant to end 2 years ago so I didn't plan on having to remember what the upcoming years would be. Speaking of planning, here are a few aims I have for 2014. 

Keep in touch with friends - I'm sure its the same with everyone but you go through those times where you bury your head in the sand and when you pop up again you realise how isolated you've made yourself. Even if it's just a text every now and again wishing your friends well and letting them know you are thinking about them - I think that's more than people will expect. 

Blog at least 3 times a week - I've done so well the past few months and with uni work coming up by the bucket full, blogging every other day might be a bit of a stretch. I want to post fun, useful, creative posts, not just any old thing to fill a gap. 

Baking - With all these brilliant cooking shows about it's hard not to be inspired. I would love to do some baking and maybe even post about it this year. Being a bit more creative in the kitchen makes cooking a lot more fun and food a lot tastier!

Exercise - I'm sure this is high on most peoples lists. I definitely don't do enough exercise and being at uni, there are so many opportunities to be sociable whilst getting fit. I really want to get some friends together and play badminton.

Link-Up - I have a new and exciting project potentially starting up early this year. After looking around the blogosphere I have failed to find a student based Link-Up Party. With this in mind, I am hoping to start one up for student bloggers, whether its posts about uni life, bargains & budgeting or OOTD - this link-up will be for all kinds of posts. Let me know if you'd be interested in taking part!

What are your resolutions for 2014? How did you celebrate the end of last year and the beginning of this one? 

5 comments:

GingerSnap said...

Student link-up sounds amazing!

Kayleigh Parker said...

Pleased you think so! I'm going to start organising it soon enough :) x

Victoria Welton said...

What a great idea for a linky! I wonder whereabouts in Somerset you were - I live there :) Sounds like the perfect New Years Eve to me. Hope to see you linking up regularly - thank you so much for coming over to PoCoLo xx

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thanks! I can only hope it's a small part as successful as yours is! I was staying in a small village not too far from Yeovil. I'll definitely be linking up - I have your badge on my link-up/bloghop page :) xx

Victoria Welton said...

Yay! I live in Crewkerne which is 20 minutes from Yeovil! So pleased you are linking again. See you tomorrow x