Friday, 3 January 2014

My New Favourite Accessory

It feels like forever since I've written a style post and according to most people, there is no time like the present. I have recently become obsessed with statement necklaces, especially collar ones. By adding a statement necklaces to a plain top or jumper you can create a whole new outfit. I've gotten so many compliments for some of my oldest jumpers all because of a shiny new collar necklace. I've literally tipped my room upside down looking for my crochet one from Forever 21 that I wore in Somerset on nye. Maybe I left it there or it's in the car or I've stupidly put it in the wash.. Anyway because I can't show you my lovely ones - I've picked out a few of my favourite ones currently in a high street / online store near you!



1. Jamie Jewellery Chain Collar from ASOS - This was £77 but is now £17.50 so get it while you can - I do love a good sale find. I could see this necklace being worn over a thin black jumper, teamed with a leather jacket and a carefree pose. 

2. Silver Beaded Bib Necklace from New Look - £9.99 I chose this necklace because it makes me feel all "Great Gatsby". It's so delicately detailed - people would be all up in your personal space to admire this stunning piece of jewellery. I guess that's a down side to wearing statement necklaces - on the plus side you're incredibly trendy. 

3. Peter Pan Bead Bib Necklace from Claire's - £16 I won't lie to you, the fact that it is called a peter pan collar might make me want it a little bit more than I should. I'd wear this jewel studded item with a plain cream jumper and natural make up with a bit of a smoky eye. 

4. Fancy Popcorn Bib Necklace from Forever 21 - £12.90 If you have ever been to a forever 21 shop you will understand what I mean when I say the accessory part is like the Mecca for all beads and gems. It's like walking into your shiny fantasies of what you wish your imaginary jewellery section of your massive walk in wardrobe would look like. This bib is no exception - so detailed yet simple. In my eyes it's what a statement necklace should be. Fancy Popcorn is a brilliant name for a necklace. One day I want my own jewellery range so I can have the wackiest of wacky names. 

What are your favourite accessories at the moment? Let me know what you think of this post and please leave your lovely links with your very appreciated comments <3


2 comments:

Katrina Benjamin said...

I can't believe the Peter Pan Collar Necklace is from Claire's! It looks amazing!

Katrina

Mountainbeauty2013

Kayleigh Parker said...

I have a white and silver collar from there. I wasn't going to bother looking but saw it as I was walking past and had to go in! :) xx