Sunday, 5 January 2014

Ralphie

It was this time last year that this photo was sent to me by mum saying, "say hello to your new brother, Ralph". I was having a lazy day with Tom back at uni when I got this message and I couldn't contain my excitement! Ralph is a golden doodle with a brilliantly hilarious personality. He can be mistaken for being a sheep from a distance and recently decided to become very vocal for no reason. If he is sitting on you and you aren't stoking him, he will sign and hit you in the face with his paws. 


This post is a little timeline of how much Ralph has grown and become the best, most cuddliest dog I've ever known. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll have been a few of these photos already - I really can't help but share photos of this poser. 

February - Ralph came home

April - Tom & I met Ralphie

June - Poor Ralph
On my way home from uni for summer, Mum broke the news that Ralph had broken his leg. He ran over a bike that was on the ground and got his leg caught in the chain. Being so young meant he recovered quickly and his hyperness never stopped. It was heartbreaking to see him limping about and it was a struggle to stop him getting too excited and damaging it any more. I'm so relieved to say he was back to normal in no time at all and has no problems with his leg now. 

August - Poser Ralph loves being in front of a camera
September - Getting involved in my A/W Haul post

Three words to describe this pup: Cuddly, Dopey & Playful. He is such a loyal dog and has such a good understanding of human emotions. He knows when I need a big cuddle to cheer up or when I need to be left alone. More often than not I will want a cuddle! Whenever I sit on my bedroom floor to do my hair and make-up, he will just lump himself on top of me. Considering how big he now is, it's almost impossible to see the mirror. 

December - 1 year old Ralph

It breaks my heart to have to leave him while I'm at uni! I'm pretty sure he misses me as much as I miss him. When I came home for Christmas, he was uncontrollably happy to have me home and has barely left my side since. I'm travelling back to uni today and not sure when I'm next home to see him. At least I know he won't forget me! 

Christmas Day -  All wet and muddy from the rain but still cheeky enough to go on the sofa

The difference between the first and last photo is unbelievable! I don't think anyone was expecting him to grow so much. When he stretches his arms and legs he is just a little bit shorter than I am. Please send over your links and photos of your lovely pets via Twitter and in the comment box below!

11 comments:

Elizabeth Than said...

ADORABLE!!!

Victoria said...

He is so cute! His little face on the August photo is hilarious! I'm not surprised you miss him so much.


It's crazy how much he's grown in just a year. Is he fully grown now do you think, or has he still got more to come?!


Victoria x, shabby-chic-home.com

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thanks Elizabeth! He really has the loveliest personality x

Kayleigh Parker said...

I can't imagine him getting any bigger but I said that in summer and I was wrong! He is such a character! x

Anna Nuttall said...

Hi Kayleigh, what an adorable dog! Seriously he so cute. Awww I wish I can have a dog.

http://www.annanuttall.com/

sinead said...

Awh he is so cute. Especially in the second and third picture! I love white dogs...they are pretty had to keep clean though! haha. Hope you have him in your life for many more years to come <3


Sinead - sineaddreamingagain.blogspot.ie

Kayleigh Parker said...

He somehow manages to bring us all together as a family! Hope you can have a dog one day :)
x

Kayleigh Parker said...

He loves jumping in muddy puddles so winter means the house is usually a bit of a mess! Thank you Sinead x

Eilidh said...

awh he is so gorgeous! his personality sounds amazing too, i want one!

http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

Kayleigh Parker said...

I can't remember a time without him making me giggle :) Thanks for reading xx

Victoria Welton said...

He is a totally gorgeous dog - and looks very loving too. I hope his leg has completely healed now Thank you for linking to PoCoLo again x