Saturday, 1 February 2014

Have You Heard... Warpaint

I can't believe how long it's been since my last post for this series. Please forgive me for the lack of rhythm based blog entries. Fortunately a band that I have muchos love for, has released a new album and it is now on spotify! I have been a fan of Warpaint for many a year now. It's the perfect music to relax/walk/do work to/listen to...

Album Cover Art
I can't remember the first time I heard Warpaint but I do remember the first time I decided I wanted to go see them. I think they were at Reading Festival and I was watching their performance on TV one evening. I was so relaxed and almost hypnotised watching them. Apparently they are playing at Parklife Weekender, I'm so tempted to go see them. I missed them when I was at Bestival a few years back - I really regret that. 

I love their first album. It's been on my relaxed Spotify playlist forever. If you haven't already go check out Billie Holiday and Undertow. Today I want to introduce their latest album. It's undeniably Warpaint when you first hear it and in my opinion its an extension of their first album. I'm not complaining at all - the songs aren't similar. Each song is unique to the next which makes their music all the more interesting to me. There is a lot of acoustic guitars and percussions in this album making it even more chilled. 

I could drive
Drive myself crazy
But at this time
I want to listen. 
(Drive, Warpaint)

Warpaint Factfile
Info: This indie psychedelic rock band started out in LA in 2004. It is currently made up of four girls who were nominated for BBC's Sound of 2011. They have just over 45,000 followers on Twitter and their Rough Trade Sessions version of Billie Holiday has reached over 1.3 million views. 
If you like: The XX (Warpaint have opened for them) then you may like Warpaint. They have such a unique sound I can't think of any bands to compare them with!
Listen to: Love is to Die, Teese & Go In



Let me know what you think of Warpaint! Have you heard of them before this post? If you have any recommendations for the next Have You Heard post please comment below :)

2 comments:

Katie Parker said...

Hi!

I just nominated you for the liebster award! Check it out on my blog

http://katies-antics.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/liebster-award.html

Katie x

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thanks Katie! Love that you thought of me to nominate! I did it one while a while ago but I'll give you a few of my answers on your blog :) xx