Sunday, 16 February 2014

S/S'14 Make-Up Trends

It's London Fashion Week and all those runway shows has got me thinking about spring trends - even if it feels so far away... I don't mind it being a bit chilly but the rain really has to calm down for a bit. Whoever is luckily enough to be FROW this week, I am incredibly jealous and looking forward to seeing your posts. I've been streaming some of the shows whilst working on some essays - oh the glamorous life I lead!

I'm currently sitting at the library on a little break and the sun is out for the first weekend in what seems like months. You can tell people are jumping at the sight of sunshine. There are people in lighter cardigans, pastel colours and many hints that spring is very much wanted. The nice weather and LFW has inspired me to do a post about my two favourite make up trends for S/S 2014. 


I've never been one for colourful lips - until now. I have a new found love for bright lip sticks and cannot wait for the brighter weather to compliment these brighter tones. In this photo I am wearing Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable in Rendezvous that I reviewed quite recently. Seeing coral on the catwalks is like seeing the first few daffodils appear! I'm not sure I can pull off the look half as well as other people can (those models suit everything god dammit!). I really like the look of Sleek's True Colour lipstick in Coral Reef and Maybelline's Coral Crush.


I am not yet ready to let go of the glitter and shimmer that graced my eyes over Christmas. Fortunately a sheer face with a hint of shimmer is on trend for this spring. To complete a fresh looking face, golden eyes are all the rage and is perfect for any occasion. This golden eyes look was created using my MUA undressed palette. I personally love neutral tones when it comes to eye make-up - a definite favourite look for the upcoming season! 

What are your favourite make-up trends for the hopefully warmer and sunnier climate? Don't forget to leave your links in the comment box below <3

8 comments:

Emerald Dove said...

Great post - the coral lips look amazing! :)

theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

Natalie Cooper said...

Ooh liking the gold eye-shadow look. It's a colour I'd usually associate with late summer/autumn kind of looks, but it looks really nice and summery there with neutral makeup.

Natalie | Broke Student Fashion

Yige Z said...

The orange lipstick looks really pretty on you! I have a feeling that it will make me look like an orange...

yetanothermakeupblog.blogspot.co.uk

Jessica said...

Really happy about the orange lipstick trend! I am not sure about the newest makeup trends for next season tbh but I like the sounds of the golden eyes though.


www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thanks you!! I think I prefer the more pinky/orange shades and they would probably suit you a lot more :) xx

Kayleigh Parker said...

I'm looking forward to seeing what other trends pop up. I'm looking forward to quite a bit of colour! x

Kayleigh Parker said...

I totally agree but after reading numerous magazines, blogs and runway shows I am seeing gold in a whole new light! :) x

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thank you! I've never been very confident that I could pull off colourful lips but I'm starting to venture out of my comfort zone a bit more! :) x