Tuesday, 11 February 2014

The Wanderlust Tag

Read my latest #AskTwitter post?  Well I have been in a bit of an adventurous mood recently. I want to go explore the world. Just jet off somewhere exotic and leave these essays behind! Leona from OhLeona did this tag last month. 


1. Your most treasured passport stamp?
I don't have any on my most recent passport as I've only been in Europe. However I had some from New Zealand, LA and Tunisia on my last one. New Zealand is my most treasured! The photo above is one taken in New Zealand 2002. 

2. Can you recite your passport # from memory if asked?
I don't have a clue what a passport # is... If it's important please comment and I'll crack on with memorising it.

3. Preferred method of travel; planes, trains or automobiles?
Without hesitation I am going to say 'automobiles' or as I often call them, 'cars'. You can take as much stuff with you as you want and have the music however you want it. I really want to do a European road trip and eventually a US road trip. A lot of planning and money needed for this type of adventure so may be a while yet.

4. Top 3 travel items?
Kindle, pack of cards & flavoured water. All of these things are essential for a flight. I'm stuck to my kindle on holiday and get through quite a few books. I can't begin to imagine taking the actual books with me - would take up so much room and weight of my luggage. Tom and I love a card game or five. If you want me to give instructions on how to play our favourite games - let me know! It's important to keep hydrating while travelling and I find water is so tasteless that I don't bother sipping it often. Flavoured water seems a decent alternative - a strawberry or peach flavour would be amazing!

5. Hostel or hotel?
Hotel please. If I'm going on holiday, I want to feel safe and comfortable. I've never been to a hostel before so I can't comment much on them. I'd rather go to a decent hotel though!

6. Are you a repeat visitor or do you explore new places?
I definitely prefer to go to different places. I feel like going to the same place a few times is like trying to relive memories. Chances are you'll be disappointed and spoil the wonderful memories you previously had. There are so many places in the world to explore so even if it's a different part of the same country, you'll have a whole new adventure waiting for you. 

8. Favourite travel website?
I often use Expedia when I'm lusting over holidays. Thomas Cook often have some decent deals on. Trivago compares hotel prices from different websites which is very handy. Even if you think you've found a good deal on a website, check the comparison websites just in case you find better offers!

9. Where would you recommend a friend to visit? Name city & why.
I've already mentioned this place but if you can do a bit of travelling around New Zealand, I'd 100% recommend it.  Particularly around Auckland and Rotorua. The whole country is breathtaking... You'll get a good few snaps out of it! 

10. You're leaving tomorrow, money is no option, where are you going?
I know we said about not going to the same place twice and I've mentioned it a few too many times here but I really want to go to the Lord of the Rings "Journey through Middle Earth" holiday. You get to travel around seeing all the scenery and sets for the lotr and Hobbit films. That's the geekiest side of me! 

If you have yet to do this Wanderlust Tag - I tag you!! If you do it please leave your links in the comment box below <3

2 comments:

daisy said...

Oh no, this post has got me craving a holiday now!!! I totally agree visiting new places is always the best kinda adventure but I wouldn't dismiss hostels there are some lovely ones and at a fraction of the price.

I've posted my first ever outfit post (I usually blog about music) over on my blog, The Beehive Online its here, if you get a second x

Kayleigh Parker said...

I definitely need to look into hostels more! Thanks for commenting, I'll have a look over at your blog now :) xx