Sunday, 2 March 2014

Review: Sleek's Blush by 3 Palette

I have wanted this blush palette from Sleek palette as soon as it was released and grabbed it as soon as I found it in Superdrug. I'm so happy to finally have the chance to review it! There hasn't been a make-up day since buying it that I haven't used it. It's my first ever cream blush palette so I had no clue whether or not I'd enjoy using it and if it would even suit me... Spoiler alert: I love it! 

I bought Sleek's Blush by 3 palette called Californ.I.A. What first got me interested in this product was the corals and pinks that I know will be perfect as spring starts to come around. The colours from left to right are called: OC, The Surf and Newport Peach. My favourite colours, which I am wearing in the photographs, are a blend of both OC and The Surf. I use The Surf as a highlighter as it is such a shimmery shade. 

The main worry when buying a cream blush for the first time was how on earth to apply it! After watching a few Youtube tutorials, I found the best technique for me is to dab it onto the area I want covered until it blends. It's so easy to use once you get the hang of it and it's a really buildable product. You can create a natural finish or a totally dramatic look just using this palette. I personally prefer a subtle blush and often set it with some translucent powder. 


The swatches above from top to bottom are: Newport Beach, The Surf and OC. I think the whole packaging and mirror with the palette makes it look pretty expensive. It didn't take me long to get used to this product and quickly fall head over heels for it. It is seriously pigmented and I only use a swipe of it each time I use it. In the colder months I've found using a cream blusher helps stop my skin becoming too dry and patchy. The cream is quite moisturising and from my experience this helps it stay on for a lot longer than a powder would. I also find that I don't need any highlighter on top of this product. It gives the perfect amount of shimmer for a fresh natural look. 


Have you tried this product yet? If you love cream blushers or have yet to try them, I recommend Sleek's Blush by 3 Palette because it's a quick and easy way to get a natural finish. Let me know what you think of this review and if there are any other products you recommend!

2 comments:

Yige Z said...

The colours are absolutely gorgeous!!! I need this in my makeup collection!

Yet Another Makeup Blog.

Kayleigh Parker said...

I'm surprised how cheap it is too. Less than £10 for three amazing blushers! x