Saturday, 26 April 2014

Gym Wish List

I started going to the gym in January last year at an attempt to be a healthier, more active human being. By April I decided that the gym wasn't really for me. I found it really hard to find the motivation to go or the courage to run on a treadmill going bright red and pretty sweaty in front of a bunch of strangers. The whole gym concept was a bit weird to me. I felt like I didn't belong there and I didn't really know what I was doing! So I cancelled my membership that April and was happy that I, at the very least, tried.
February this year I started feeling a bit rubbish and needed to be more active. All my energy was going into uni essays leaving me mentally exhausted but bursting with physical energy. My eating habits have been relatively good this year so far. We have had home cooked meals a lot more than usual and I haven't ordered in dominos since 2013 ( that's a serious achievement in our household!). I don't feel like eating healthily makes you healthy - being active and regularly exercises is a massive part of the healthy lifestyle that so many people tend to leave out.

So I wanted to be active but last year showed me I didn't enjoy the gym. After strongly reflecting on why I didn't enjoy the gym, I had an epiphany. I was lonely and this made me over think my time at the gym and quickly become bored. I joined the gym at the beginning of March because my friends said they would go with me. Before Easter I was going at least three times a week and it became a fun sociable activity. I no longer had time to be self-conscious or even think about the exercise I was doing. My advice for people who find it hard to motivate themselves to be active: Make it fun and sociable! If you are with other people who either know what they are doing or are just great company, you'll feel at ease and make it a positive and fun experience that you'll want to continue doing.

To start being more active, I personally wanted to look as good as possible. You need to look good to feel good sometimes! I have put together a few items that I personally would wear/use at the gym. The websites that I have used for this wish list have plenty more products in their activewear sections for you to consider.

1  2  3  4  5

Are you happy with how active you are? What do you think of my wish list picks? Please leave your blog links with your comments below! <3 

No comments: