Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Have You Heard... Walk Off the Earth

Apologises once again for not posting for this series in a while. I've been meaning to write about this awesome band I discovered in March. I was casually procrastinating on Spotify and this amazing indie rock style band started playing. The first thing that caught my attention was their flawless harmonies. This simply impressive band is called Walk Off the Earth. I went through some of the songs and it took me less than a moment to realise this band did a lot of covers. I'm pretty sure most of their covers are better than the originals!

From the Walk off the Earth website
I googled Walk Off the Earth because that's what I do when I want to know more about everything. In moments of self-doubt, I may have googled myself while pondering, "who am I?.. sign..". Anyway, it turns out this band have a bit of a YouTube presence and that's how they got so popular. They started off doing covers and then went on to show some of their own music. I particularly love their cover of I Knew You Were Trouble. It's even better than the goat version (and that's saying something!). They use some really unusual instruments making their genre pretty unique. There were so many covers I wanted to share with you but I'll let you explore yourself if you enjoy them as much as I do. Enjoy this Lorde cover and let me know what you think. 



Walk Off the Earth Factfile
Info: The Canadian rock band was formed in 2006 and gained a massive fan base before being signed by Columbia Records in 2012. There are 5 members of this awesome band and their most successful youtube cover is Somebody That I Used to Know which has gained over 157 million views!! 
Favourite Original Songs: Gang of Rhythm, Red Hands & REVO
If you like: Bastille, Fun. & The Lumineers you will probably enjoy this band. 

I'm really happy I discovered this band. It's really easy listening and their original songs are just as good (if not better) than their covers. So take some time to give this band a go and let me know what you think. Here is my favourite of their songs:



Please get in contact if you have any musical goodness to share. I would love your recommendations on who I should write about next. Thanks for reading <3

No comments: