Sunday, 6 April 2014

Review: Rimmel's Wake Me Up Foundation

I bought this foundation in February and wanted to really get to know the product before doing this review. This is the first sheer foundation I've used and it took quite a while for me to get used to it. At first I was worried I looked a bit too shiny. Usually shiny is a good thing, like jewellery and glitter and all things, well, shiny. The first few times I definitely used too much of the products and it ended up feeling really heavy and over done - probably looked a state too! However, I soon got the hang of it.


Because of the sheer finish, I've been complimented on my healthy glowing complexion. It's a perfect daytime foundation as it's so light but has decent coverage. I only use half a pump which comfortably covers my entire face. I wouldn't wear it for a night out because I wouldn't want to become too shiny in photographs and I need a more heavy duty matte foundation when I'm dancing around like a lunatic in a nightclub. For my combination / dry skin, it's a great foundation in terms of coverage. It stays on all day and is so light I forget I'm even wearing it. As well as making my face look healthier, it makes the skin feel so soft! But I need to make sure I moisturise before using the product as it sometimes clings to my dry patches. This isn't really a problem as it looks a lot better than when encountering this problem with other foundations I have used.


The main reason I decided to go out of my matte comfort zone and purchase this foundation is the reviews I had seen around the blogosphere and the recommendations given to me on Twitter. I'm so pleased I went for it as it's been my go-to foundation this spring! Click here to watch my spring time make up tutorial in which I'm using this product and many others that I have reviewed. Have you tried this product? What sheer foundations would you recommend?

Thanks for reading x


No comments: