Thursday, 22 May 2014

50 years of Superdrug

Happy 50th Birthday Superdrug! To celebrate this impressive milestone, they are offering a few special products and offers. Superdrug is my favourite store when it comes to getting all my make-up and toiletries. It's because of them that I've fallen in love with brands like MUA, Sleek and Barry M. I thought it was only fitting for me to dedicate a little post to this awesome store! Alongside some special edition products that have been made for the occasion, I wanted to share a few of my long time favourites from Superdrug's own brand.
1. Limited Edition Birthday Lashes - I recently re-kindled my love for falsies. Personally, I am content with my own lashes the majority of the time but for those special occasions and epic nights out, I love a pair of dramatic lashes! I feel it really something more to a look and Superdrug have released some limited edition lashes that I really want to try out. I normally wear Eylure's naturalites and fully recommend them. If I get my hands on these I'll let you know my opinion via Twitter.

2. Barry M Nail Polish in Pink Glitter - In case you aren't aware, I am a huge fan of Barry M's nail polishes. To celebrate the big 50 at Superdrug, Barry M has released this pink glitter polish. It's every girlie-girls dream - pink and glitter! The only problem with glitter polishes is taking it off however I have a pretty effective way to remove it. Soak cotton pads in nail varnish remover and then place them over your nails to soak them. After a few minutes, it'll be a lot easier to take off!

3. Sleek Eye Palette i-Divine - I haven't tried any Sleek eye shadows yet but they are definitely on my list! I love their cream blushers (see here) so I'm sure their eye products are just as good. This limited edition palette has 12 eyeshadows that are named after some of their popular i-Divine palettes. It also has a mic of shimmer and matte shades in a variety of colours. It sounds like the perfect introductory palette to newbie sleek eyeshadow users!

4. Superdrug's Vitamin E Hot Cloth Cleanser - I love Liz Earl's Hot Cloth Cleanser so this cheaper version is great for students. The Vitamin E means it is great for those with normal to dry skin. It comes with it's own muslin cloth and for £4.99 its a great skin care product. It makes your skin feel so soft and radiant because it's a really gentle clean. I'd advise to splash a bit of cold water over your face after the process to close your pores and wake you up a bit!

5. Superdrug's Mixed Sponges - This is a bit of a weird product to mention but I used to love this product. I must have started using them almost a decade a go until I recently started to prefer a brushes. It's a bit of a blast from the past and one of my first make-up purchases from Superdrug. For any beginners to make-up or people who aren't the best at applying foundation, these sponges are for you. They blend in your foundation perfectly and are so easy to use. Don't forget to wash them or change to new ones quite often!

What products and brands do you love from Superdrug? Have you bought any of the limited edition products? Please leave your links with comments <3

3 comments:

Eilidh said...

the sleek palettes are amazing!

http://velvet-winter.blogspot.co.uk/

Kayleigh Parker said...

I'm going to have to treat myself after exams to the palette! Thanks for reading x

Kayleigh Parker said...

I've only heard good things about them! Thanks for the comment :) x