Wednesday, 7 May 2014

Today I Love #11

The best thing about this series is that I can start off with a little update for you. We are literally on the verge of 20,000 pageviews for this blog - I know it's beyond anything I could imagine for my precious space on the Internet. Thank you again for all the support and love I receive from you lovely readers. Due to this acheivement and the fact that the end of this month is my 1st Blogiversary, I will be hosting a little giveaway - so watch this space! 


Being prepared - There is that feeling you get when you've finished an exam and written everything you want to and didn't feel stressed at all. That feeling comes from being prepared and revising. I hate exams. My first ever post was actually on how much I hate them (see it here!). I'm thinking about doing a post about my revision tips because through the years I've tried so many different approaches for different types of exams. I'm not a total guru on revision - if I was I'd expect to be getting 100% and firsts for all my exams. Let me know if this sort of post is something you'd be interested in. I recently filmed a video about my revision essential.  It consists of a few Primark purchases that helped me revision in some strange way (click here to watch!).

Cooking TV -  I'm hooked on both MasterChef and Great British Menu. I really shouldn't watch these programs as they just make me hungry and ashamed at my poor excuse of a home-cooked meal. Some of the contestants on MasterChef are younger than me this year and I think there are one of two students that have been on there - so I really have no excuse! In September when Tom and I have our own lovely kitchen, I will make so much more effort to experiment more with food and flavours. I love cooking and I'm sure I'd love it even more if I was better at it. Practise makes perfect!

Covers - I love listening to musical artists sharing their own take on other peoples songs. I often check on Radio 1's live lounge and am pleasantly surprised with what I find. More than often I prefer the covers to the originals. I came across Ed Sheeran's Queen Bey cover of Drunk in Love and it's one of the best covers I've come across in ages. What do you think? 



Depop - I did a post about this app last month (check it out here) and I'm still obsessed with it. We just sold one of Alice's lovely dressing and after a few weeks of resisting, I made my first purchase the other day! I bought a pair of Topshop Leigh Jeans for £15. They look brand new and I've wanted to try out a pair for a while. If I really fall in love with them I'd be tempted to go Topshop and buy other pairs. Depop also have a great amount of decent make-up on sale. I'm trying to avoid looking but there is plenty of NARs, Mac and other higher-end products for half the store price. 

Holiday? - Please? I really want to go on holiday. Wanderlust is on red alert at the moment and the closer it is getting to summer the more I keep searching through the web for last minute deals. Once exams are over, I have 3 months to try and stay busy. I would love to get a job for part of this time as well as get a bit of travelling done. It'll definitely be a last minute holiday this year - lets hope we find something spectacular!

What have you been loving recently? Don't forget to stay tuned for a giveaway at the end of this month and leave your lovely links below <3 



No comments: