Friday, 27 June 2014

Company's Style Blogger Awards

Last Wednesday started off as a regular day. I was getting ready to go out for lunch with Nan and being an amazing intern at Coloristiq. As I attempted to blow dry my hair with Ralph the gigantic golden doodle sitting on top of me, I heard my phone go off. I reached over to my bed to grab the device and saw it was Miss Guided. Beyond anything I could imagine, Miss Guided had messaged me on Twitter to let me know I had won VIP tickets to Company's Style Blogger Awards! This included a night in a 4* Hotel, tickets to the event and a lovely goody bag of treats. One of my favourite from Uni, Hayley (check out her blog), was free and up for a great evening in Shoreditch. 

Thank you to Hayley for letting me use the photos that she had taken! Long story short - my iPhone got stolen by some guy on a bike on our way back from a club after the event that night. I was most upset about losing the lovely photos I had taken from the night and all the blogger's websites I had written in my notes but at least no one was hurt! 


We stayed at the RE London Shoreditch Hotel which was a few minutes from the event venue. I cannot fault the hotel, the beds were super comfy and the rooms were nicely furnished. We were so lucky that Miss Guided treated us to this luxurious stay and we took full advantage of having the room by staying up until we had to check out the next day. We had some cocktails at the hotel before venturing out to the Awards. 


When I found out I have won this trip, I went to New Look with Nan and she treated me to this outfit. I am completely obsessed with the kimono and have worn it at every possible chance. For my first ever blogging event, I wanted to look stylish but be as comfortable as possible. The high waisted loose shorts and lace crop top were perfect for the occasion and I'm sure I'll be wearing both items a lot this summer. 

I really didn't know what to expect at the event. I definitely didn't expect what was there. It was even better than I had imagined! The venue was decorated like a festival with cute chill out areas, deck chairs outside and just a really nice relaxing vibe to the place. Around the hall that with the stage for the awards there were various stations to get free treatments. We both got our hair done at the Lee Stafford stand, nails done by a company called Colour Riot Nails and Hayley got a henna tattoo while I got a glitter transfer one! We spent most the time at the events doing these activities, meeting some lovely bloggers and making full use of the free bar. I was also surprised and really pleased to meet Louis from Fun for Louis - as one of my favourite Youtubers, I was a little starstruck!


I am planning to review some of the items from the goody bag that we received at the end of the night in the near future. A MASSIVE thank you to Company Magazine for hosting the event, Miss Guided for making us VIPs and Hayley for coming along with me! It was lovely to meet some fellow bloggers, many of whom are amazingly successful and wonderful people. If you remember me from the night please get in touch with your blog links and things! 

4 comments:

Joelle said...

Sorry to hear about your phone! If it's a iPhone, you can track it via 'find my iphone' if you like!
So cool that you met Louis - LOVE HIM!!

Joelle
xx
FebruaryGirl.

Rachael T. said...

I cannot believe your phone was stolen! I hope you've got it all sorted now!
It was such a good evening and lovely meeting you! I only took my nails off a couple of days ago!


Rachael at rachaelisnotwowzie.blogspot.co.uk

Kayleigh Parker said...

We tried to use 'find my iphone' straight away from he had already turned the phone off. These thieves are too clever for my liking! I had such a good night though and yes was so amazing to meet Louis!

Kayleigh Parker said...

It was so lovely meeting you too! Now I have your blog link again I'll come follow you on bloglovin :) xx