Tuesday, 10 June 2014

Sunny Weekend in Essex

Over the past week I have been back and forth between Portsmouth and Essex - I don't think I've ever been on so many trains in such a short space of time! Because I was only home for a few days, I wanted to make the most of the time with my family and friends . So this post is a little life update with some photos of my weekend!

The best thing about where I live is the countryside and with such glorious weather, it's so easy to appreciate. Unfortunately hay fever was trying to ruin this for me over the weekend - typical! My older brother and I went on a walk with Ralph the Golden Doodle through the fields behind our house. The whole area is covered in buttercups which are scientifically proven thought to be able to tell if you like butter or not. As well as reflecting on my love for buttercups and butter, we followed the path of flatten grass from whoever was here before us. I've never seen anyone else on this route apart from the herd of cows that have occasionally caused some panic. Ralph loves teasing them, they love chasing us and we love getting home safely. However this time, it was a nice relaxing walk in the sun with no cow stampedes.

The other highlight (and the main reason for my return to Essex) was one of my oldest and closest friends birthday. The lovely Kat invited a group of us over hers to celebrate her 21st on Saturday. With people being at university, we only see each other in the holidays and this was the first reunion of the summer. My Essex girls are the ones that I can go weeks/months without seeing or speaking to and as soon as we're back together it's like no time as gone at all - I'm sure you can relate to that. I think it means we are truly awesome friends. So we had a yummy BBQ,  a few cheeky drinks and a great big catch up! Alice made Kat an amazing cake. I don't think the photo does it justice - Alice is starting up a cake making business so stay tuned for more on that in the future.

I loved spending time with my family and friends over the weekend. It was short and sweet! I'm now back in Portsmouth for a week and then will be moving back to Essex until September. I'm planning on making the most of this summer so expect a few adventure posts!

I hope you've been enjoying the sunshine and have lots of fun plans this summer. Let me know what you're up to and please leave some lovely links <3 


2 comments:

Emerald Dove said...

Lovely pictures - looks like you have been having a wonderful time! :)

theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

Kayleigh Parker said...

Thank you! It was a great start to the summer x