Sunday, 15 June 2014

Today I Love #12

I feel like this series is a bit of a monthly feature in which I share 5 random favourites with you. It has been going on for a year now and I personally enjoy writing about these things - hopefully you still enjoy reading about them! I am moving out of my uni house in Portsmouth tomorrow and spending the summer mainly in Essex. Instead of packing, I thought I should give you an update on the things I've recently been obsessed/ in love/ doing. 



Kimonos - Aren't they the perfect summer jacket?! I go through stages with certain items where I look for people wearing them to inspire me. A few weeks ago, I was staring at people's trainers because I wanted a new pair - now it's kimonos! I love the different colours and prints available and the versatility of the humble kimono. It's my must-have item of this summer as it just makes any outfit 100 times more stylish. 


Reading - The action and not the place. No offence to those from Reading - I'm sure it's lovely there! Before I went on a ton of train journeys, I purchased a book that I heard many raving reviews about. I finished The Fault in our Stars the other day and really recommend you giving it a go! I've never properly reviewed a book before but basically it's a book about a 16 year old girl who as terminal cancer who had let her disease dictate her life until she met this guy... I won't spoil it for you but let's just say it's not all doom and gloom! It's one of those books that makes you think and gives you a whole new perspective on life and all that deep stuff. 


Lorde- Her song Tennis Court has been in my head quite a bit this week. No idea why though.. It's a catchy song I guess but it's just so random. "Baby be the class clown, I'll be the beauty queen in tears, It's a new art form showing people how little we care - yeah!" The lyrics are clever really but the video is too weird to watch for more than 30 seconds. It's just Lorde chilling and staring into a camera only singing the "yeah" part. Well watch and listen for yourself and give me your view on this musical number. Apologies in advance if it gets stuck in your head too!



Al fresco dining - I'm not often one for eating outdoors because of flies, insects and the wind. However during my stay in Brighton with Tom, we dined al fresco at Bella Italia and it was so lovely. There is some weird freedom about it and I felt so relaxed and in the moment. We have been having some marvellous weather recently so it's nice to make the most of it. On Friday I went for a BBQ at Southsea Common with Tom and his course friends. I think doing things outdoors seems more sociable because there isn't a television on in the background and you just enjoy each others company!

Disconnecting - As you might have noticed, my online presence has been lacking over the past month. I chose to do this because of exams but when they finished two weeks ago, I still kept my distance. I've enjoyed living in the moment rather than trying to capture and share my life. This generation of Internet users struggles to disconnect and just live. It's refreshing to have a break from it all. However I'm now back and planning on posting more regularly and doing a few videos



So what have you been loving recently? I hope you've had a chance to enjoy the nice weather - lets hope it sticks around for a while! <3 

No comments: