Saturday, 5 July 2014

Quick & Easy Summer Fruit Flan

The best thing about summer is all the delicious fruit that is in season! I feel like I want to eat healthily when its hot out - lots of scrummy salads and fruit cocktails. With the scorching hot weather, I also get incredibly tired and lazy. So mixing my love for fruit and my lack of motivation, I have this fun post for you! Today I am sharing with you a much loved dessert in my household. It is called the Quick & Easy Summer Fruit Fan because it is truly both quick and easy (as the title suggests...) 


So why is it so quick and easy? You don't have to make the sponge flan from scratch, you don't have to do much to the fruit and the quick jel has simple instructions that even I can follow! It is also a very cheap dessert to make so perfect for students like me. 

Ingredients:
A pre-made flan case
Fruit of your choice
Strawberry Flavoured Quick Jel


Instructions:
- First thing to do is make the quick jel. You can either add water or the fruit juices if you used canned ones to the powder and heat up. The packet will give you better, more accurate guide to making this. 
- As the jel is cooling, you can to the fun part. The main fun part is eating it but this fun part is arranging the fruit into some artistic pattern or as I do, try to fit as much onto the fan as possible. 
- Once the jel is cooled, add it on top of the fruit. 
- We usually leave it in the fridge to stay cool for an hour or until we are ready to serve!


It really is the perfect dessert to make when you're having a summer party, friends over or fancy something a little different. It's a light refreshing dessert which also tastes good with cream or ice cream. I'm planning on doing a few more of these Quick & Easy food posts in the near future so watch this space. If you have any good food hacks or simple recipes please get in touch or leave your links below. Enjoy this amazing weather and hope you get a chance to enjoy making and of course eating this flan!

1 comment:

Guilianna Marie said...

That looks absolutely delicious. I'm throwing a summer party soon. I'll totally be trying this dish out. Great post! xx


http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com