Friday, 11 September 2015

Review | Smashbox Liquid Halo HD Foundation

Liquid Halo HD Foundation is like no other product I own. It's the most natural-looking foundation that I have ever used, plus it makes my skin feel super silky! I bought this foundation in May 2015. At the time, I was looking for a light, but build-able foundation suitable for the summer months. Plus it has SPF15, something I always look for in both moisturisers and foundations. I also needed a lighter shade as my other foundations seemed all wrong at the time (too many days in the library and not enough enjoying the early summer sun we had). I got it in the shade 2, which is the second palest available.

Liquid Halo HD Foundation in shade 2


From my experience this product is best for normal to oily skin. I'm currently going through a period of dry patches and attempting to use this foundation without combating this problem areas only exaggerated them. Since combating these dry area, the foundation has been better than ever and I have fallen in love all over again! I plan on doing a post about dealing with dry patches soon. Other than the dryness, my skin has been behaving well recently and therefore needed little coverage. This is not the foundation to hide any blemishes. It is relatively build-able but it still maintains a level of translucency. The few freckles on my nose are still a bit visible when wearing this foundation.  

The best way to apply is this foundation has been with the Beauty Blender. If you have yet to hear about this magical product, it's the sponge applicator to rival all others and has truly received the nod of approval from many known beauty bloggers. I was fortunate enough to get mine in the goody bag from Company's Style Blogger Awards. With my other foundations I use the Real Techniques Buffer Brush which is a god-send in so many ways and I 100% recommend it. However due to the runny consistency of this Smashbox foundation, the Beauty Blender has become my go-to applicator for it. 


Smashbox's Liquid Halo HD Foundation was a great summer go-to foundation and as long as my skincare routine continues to work, I should be using this product right through autumn and winter. What foundation is your number one right now? Please leave your beauty links in the comments or tweet me! I love to find out about different products.


No comments: